Reds boss Danny Wilson has told The Star that the club have not received any official bids for striker Chris O’Grady.
South Yorkshire rivals Sheffield United are understood to be interested in signing the player, but as yet the Blades have not made an official offer for the player.
And speaking exclusively to The Star, Wilson said: “We’ve not had an official bid for Chris. Nothing has changed, he’s a Barnsley player and we’re preparing for the new season with him in our plans.
“Chris has been brilliant in training since he’s come back. He’s always been a very good pro. He’s immaculate in training and always gives everything.”
O’Grady returned to pre-season training with the Reds last Thursday and has taken part in every training session since.
But the former Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham United hitman has already attracted the attention of Charlton Athletic this summer.
The 28-year-old netted 15 goals last season and held talks with the Addicks about a potential move to The Valley.
However, O’Grady didn’t want to move and revealed to The Star last month that he was settled in South Yorkshire and that he wanted to stay at Barnsley.
The Reds are understood to have bought O’Grady for a fee in region of £300,000 back in June 2013 on a two-year deal.
And, although O’Grady has a year left to run on his current contract, a rumoured price tag of £500,000 could prove too tempting for the Reds to turn down.
But for now O’Grady remains a Reds’ player and is due to join the rest of the squad on a week-long pre-season trip to Italy next week (15-22 July).
The Reds are expected to play Italian Serie A side Torino FC in a friendly fixture on their travels, as well one other club yet to be confirmed.