A new survey has revealed that 12 per cent of Sheffield people are too scared to venture into their sheds due to arachnophobia.
But a Yorkshire based firm might have the answer - what it claims is the world's first spider-proof shed.
Tiger Sheds has launched the one-of-a-kind product, which they claim guarantees to keep eight legged creatures out, following several customer requests for a spider-proof outbuilding.
Giant spiders invading South Yorkshire homes in mating frenzy
The spider-proof shed has been designed to keep arachnids permanently out and the contents of your garden shed completely cobweb free.
It contains a whole host of anti-spider features, including:
* All joints silicone sealed to ensure no gaps and cracks
* Airtight windows with toughened glass and an airtight door with special draft seal to ensure there’s no way for creepy crawlies to sneak in
GIANT HOUSE SPIDERS: 6 top tips on how to remove the eight-legged beasts from your home
* Interior lined with spider repellent lining paper to stop spiders coming in through the cladding
* Sky blue exterior cladding, a colour that’s proven to repel spiders
* Heavy duty polyester backed felt roof to keep bugs and water out
* A fun ‘No Spiders’ allowed sign to ensure everyone knows it’s a spider-free zone
VIDEO: GIANT HOUSE SPIDERS - Your pictures
Tiger Sheds has also created a series of optional extras, for those who want to be extra sure that cobweb dwellers are kept out. They include:
* Impregnated wood - option to have the wood the shed is constructed from impregnated with peppermint, citrus and insecticide (scents which are proven to repel eight-legged creatures)
* A creepy crawly den, which is a specially designed box that’s dark inside and comes complete with holes and cracks for spiders to crawl into that sits beside the shed and attracts spiders away from the outbuilding and into it instead
* A pest test carried out every six months by a fully trained member of the Tiger Sheds team, who will carefully inspect your spider-proof shed to ensure there’s no sign of any creepy crawlies.
Speaking about the new shed, Hannah Moore, spokesperson for Tiger Sheds, said: “We’d had several requests for a spider-proof shed from people too afraid to venture into their outbuildings in case spiders were lurking, so we decided to conduct some research into how many Brits this fear actually affected.
"Surprisingly, a quarter of those surveyed* admitted they avoid their sheds and outbuildings due to a fear of spiders!
“Obviously we wanted to help these people and make them feel comfortable enough to enter their sheds once more, which is why we decided to create the world’s first spider proof shed.
"We spent a lot of time researching spider deterrents and liaised with numerous arachnid experts to come up with the product, which we’re confident will keep spiders out.
“We hope this new product helps arachnophobes across the country enjoy their garden sheds once more!”
The shed is on sale now and costs £1,999. Click here to find out more about the shed.