Woman trapped in Rotherham farmhouse in early morning blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters climbed up a ladder to rescue a woman trapped in her bedroom because of a fire in her kitchen this morning.

The woman was unable to get out of the farmhouse on Long Lane, Treeton, until firefighters helped her out of her bedroom window.

Two other people in the property managed to get out before emergency services arrived.

The fire was discovered at 3.20am.

An investigation is underway but a faulty kitchen appliance is believed to have caused the blaze.