Woman suffers burns in Barnsley house fire

Fires in South Yorkshire
Fires in South Yorkshire
0
Have your say

She was in a house on Melville Street, Wombwell, Barnsley, when the blaze broke out last night.

Firefighters called to the blaze, which started in the lounge, believe discarded smoking materials were to blame.

A man in the house at the time suffered smoke inhalation.

Four fire engines - from Cudworth, Barnsley Doncaster and Tankersley - were sent to the scene of the blaze.

Crews spent two and half hours there.

Firefighters were also called out to a chip pan fire on High Street, Monk Bretton, Barnsley.

The fire was already out when crews arrived but the property was filled with smoke.

Nobody was injured in the incident.

At 2.40am today firefighters were alerted to a blaze in a conservatory on Stag Lane, Broom, Rotherham.

They believe some water ended up on some electrics in the room.

An elderly couple escaped unharmed.