Woman hurt in kitchen blaze

0
Have your say

A WOMAN suffered burns to her arm and smoke inhalation after trying to tackle a kitchen fire at her Doncaster home.

Fire crews from Doncaster and Edlington were called to the semi-detached house on Lakeen Road, Intake, and wore breathing apparatus to put out the fire, which was confined to the kitchen, before ventilating the property.

Watch manager Andy Eaton said: “We believe this lady had put some oil in a pan on the hob and then left the room. When she returned, the pan was on fire.

“In her attempts to put the fire out, she sustained some serious burns to her arm.”