Warning after grill pan fire in Sheffield

editorial image
0
Have your say

Residents are urged to buy a takeaway instead of cooking after a night out following a fire in Sheffield.

Firefighters attended a house on Deerlands Avenue, Parson Cross, in the early hours of Saturday morning, after neighbours heard a smoke alarm activating.

Crews from Rivelin and Elm Lane stations arrived at around 2.45am to find a grill pan had been left unattended.

The occupier was present in the property and unresponsive to the alarm, but completely unharmed.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Firefighters regularly warn of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended, and late night cooking.

“Residents are urged to buy a take-away instead of cooking after a night out.”