A restaurant owner will go on trial next year for the manslaughter of a Sheffield dad who suffered a fatal allergic reaction.
Mohammed Zaman, aged 52, owner of the Indian Garden, in Easingwold, North Yorkshire, is charged with the death of pub landlord Paul Wilson, who suffered a severe anaphylactic shock after eating a curry in January 2014.
The 38-year-old died after he bought the food in January last year and suffered a severe anaphylactic reaction.
The father-of-one collapsed in the bathroom quarters at the Oak Tree Inn, Helperby, North Yorkshire, where he was working.
Zaman did not enter any pleas during a hearing at Teesside Crown Court today, during which a trial date was set for April 25, 2016.
As well as manslaughter by gross negligence, the restaurant boss is charged with perverting the course of justice by forging a food safety training certificate, an immigration offence relating to the employee who served the contaminated meal, and food safety offences.
Robert Smith QC, defending, told the court a number of expert witnesses in pathology, food hygiene, clinical medicine and accountancy will be needed.
Judge Simon Bourne-Arton granted Zaman, from Huntington, York, bail and he left court with four other men.
About one in ten deaths a year in Britain are due to allergies to foods like nuts.