A pink tent, people and a dog have appeared outside Chesterfield’s derelict magistrates’ court.
A shocked member of the public alerted the Derbyshire Times this morning and we have informed authorities.
The former courthouse, which is located between Rose Hill and West Bars, has stood empty for the last few years and become a hotspot for vandalism and anti-social behaviour.
Designed by Professor Joseph Stanley Allen, a renowned architect, planner and academic, the building was completed in 1956 and became Grade II listed in 1998.
The site received planning consent last year allowing it to be used for a variety of purposes including office, retail and leisure facilities.
However, no development has yet taken place there.