UPDATE Here is a photo of the House in Sheffield which went up in flames last night

Southey Green house fire
Southey Green house fire
0
Have your say

A family pet died as an ‘electrical fire’ blazed through a Sheffield family home on Saturday night, causing a family to flee the house.

A mother and daughter managed to get out safely from the house in Southey Green but their pet dog was trapped inside.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the incident is still to be fully investigated but have ruled out any link to fireworks in the blaze which happened on bonfire night .
A spokesperson for SYFR said: “I can confirm we had four fire engines at the scene after being called out at 6.35pm on Bonfire night.”
Nearby Crowder Road was closed in both directions as firefighters tackled the blaze for four hours.
Some postings on social media said a gas explosion caused the blaze, which claimed the life of the family dog, Diesel, but investigators have ruled this out. No people are thought to have been injured in the fire, which firefighters said spread to the loft and roof area of the home on Southey Green Road.
Natasha Jayne, who lived in the house with her young daughter, responded to well wishers on Facebook, posting: “Thanks everyone this is my house I’m ok, unfortunately my dog was in the house he hasn’t been found yet I am gutted about him but thanks everyone.”
One Facebook user wrote: “I think community should get a collection together to help out as they have lost everything.”
A friend of Natasha said: “Tasha is now with a family member, it’s just lucky she wasn’t in house.
“She has lost everything but in time they can be replaced but her poor dog her best friend can’t, RIP Diesel.”
A spokesman for South Yorkshire Police said that fire officers will be conducting a full report in due time but confirmed the fire began in the kitchen.
He said: “The property itself has been damaged quite severely, and the local authority are looking into what can be done about it.
“There has been an electrical fire in the kitchen, started by an unknown piece of electrical equipment.”

Southey Green house fire

Southey Green house fire

Southey Green House fire

Southey Green House fire