FIREFIGHTERS were called out to three property fires on the same night.
The first 999 call was received from a couple who raised the alarm after smelling smoke in their terraced home on High Street, Ecclesfield, Sheffield.
When firefighters arrived the couple were outside and unharmed.
They found that an oil-filled radiator had caught fire, at 8pm on Thursday.
Four hours later, at 12.20am yesterday, crews were called to a house on Holmes Lane, Holmes, Rotherham, after a fire broke out in a bedroom.
A man in his 30s managed to escape unharmed and when firefighters entered the house they found an electrical fault was to blame for the blaze.
Then at 2.10am yesterday, firefighters had to lead a man to safety after he fell asleep in his flat on Holywell Place, St Ann’s, Rotherham, while there was food still cooking on the hob in his kitchen.
Neighbours in another flat, into which smoke had filtered, dialled 999 after hearing a smoke alarm sounding.
The man was taken to hospital as a precaution, having breathed in smoke.