South Yorkshire rugby club damaged by fire

Firefighters dealt with a spate of arson attacks over the Bank Holiday weekend
Firefighters dealt with a spate of arson attacks over the Bank Holiday weekend
0
Have your say

A rugby club was damaged when a fire broke out in the kitchen.

The fire was discovered in Wath-upon-Dearne RUFC, Moor Road, Wath-upon-Dearne, on Tuesday.

It is thought a fryer had been left on in the kitchen.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze.

That night another crew dealt with a shed and garden fire on Tuxford Crescent, Cundy Cross, Barnsley.

Smoke got into a nearby house and a boy was taken to hospital with slight smoke inhalation.