Sofa alight as smoker slept

0
Have your say

A MAN was rescued from his smoke-filled home by firefighters who found him fast asleep on his settee - which was smouldering and starting to burn.

The 51-year-old, of Highstone Road, Worsbrough Common, Barnsley, had fallen asleep in his lounge while smoking a cigarette, firefighters said.

Neighbours raised the alarm after smoke began filtering into their home.

The occupant was still asleep when firefighters entered his home and was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.