Silent killer - MP’s warning

0
Have your say

HOUSEHOLDERS are being urged to protect themselves against the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sheffield South East MP Clive Betts Clive Betts has made the plea after new research showed 69 per cent of households in South Yorkshire could be at risk of poisoning by not having an audible carbon monoxide alarm.

Carbon Monoxide - ‘the silent killer’ - is a highly poisonous gas with no colour, taste or smell, making it impossible to detect without an alarm.

Mr Betts said: “Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas you can’t see, smell or taste.

“I urge every Sheffield household to make sure they have an audible alarm and have their fuel-burning appliances serviced each year by a professional.”