The daughter of a Sheffield factory worker is appealing for his ex-colleagues to help her find out how he was exposed to asbestos.
Ian Ivinson who worked for engineering firm Jonas Woodhead, which had a factory in Sheffield, died of asbestos-related cancer mesothelioma in May 2012, aged 66.
He was found dead in his home in Malta after his worried daughter, Catherine Lowdon, contacted police when she was unable to make contact with him.
A post mortem examination revealed his death was due to industrial exposure to asbestos.
Mr Ivinson, originally from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, began working for Jonas Woodhead as a draftsman in 1963 and performed various roles over the next 20 years, finishing as technical manager in 1995.
It is believed he often spent time on the factory floor, working near furnaces used to manufacture ironwork and automobile springs in sites across the country, including Sheffield.
Industrial illness lawyers at Sheffield-based legal firm Irwin Mitchell are now trying to find out where and how he was exposed to the deadly dust.
Mrs Lowdon said: “Mesothelioma is a horrible illness and it is shocking to think that my dad may have suffered from it due to the dedication he had for his work.
“He had known for some time that something was wrong with him and the breathlessness he suffered from had really started to impact on his quality of life.”
n Anyone with information should call Ian Bailey on 0870 150 0100.