Sheffield wedding venue fire thought to be accident

News, 24-hours a day, at www.thestar.co.uk
News, 24-hours a day, at www.thestar.co.uk
0
Have your say

A fire which resulted in hundreds of wedding guests being evacuated from a Sheffield venue appears to have been started by accident.

Around 200 people had to be evcauated from the Arooj restaurant in Attercliffe Road on Saturday after a blaze broke out in the kitchen, spreading to the building’s roof space at around 5pm.

About 30 firefighters were sent out to tackle the fire, which started in a cooker. No one was injured in the incident.

A fire service spokesman said: “The fire is thought to have started accidentally.”