A Sheffield pensioner was injured after a firework was lit and posted through his letterbox.
The 83-year-old was struck on his forehead by the exploding firework in his home in Stovin Gardens, Darnall, yesterday afternoon.
A police probe into the incident is now underway.
Temporary Sergeant Phil Ackerley said: “An investigation is now underway to identify those involved in this incident and I’d like to ask anyone who saw what happened to contact us.
“If you saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area this afternoon, or have any information, please contact us on 101 or speak to one of our PCSOs in the area.
“This type of behaviour will not be tolerated and I want to reassure local residents that anyone found to be using fireworks in a dangerous or antisocial way will be dealt with accordingly.”
Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.