Sheffield man injured as he threw blazing chip pan outdoors

editorial image
0
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital with burns to his hands after throwing a burning chip pan outside.

The man, in his 30s, was one of three men watching football on TV on Monday, at about 9.50pm, when the pan went up in flames.

They were alerted to the fire by smoke alarms and fled from the flat on Mansfield Road, Intake, Sheffield, but one of the men threw the pan outside as he fled and hurt himself.

The other two men escaped unharmed.

Firefighters said the trio closed the kitchen door as they left, which prevented the flames spreading.