Racecourse will host pantomime

Doncaster Racecourse
Doncaster Racecourse
0
Have your say

Doncaster’s traditional Christmas pantomime will go ahead – after bosses at Doncaster Racecourse rode in to save the day.

Last week it was revealed the annual festive spectacular was unlikely to go ahead at new performance venue Cast amid rumours that shows which have proved popular with theatre-goers down the years would be overlooked at the new £22 million theatre.

Now the racecourse has confirmed it will be the new venue for the production of Cinderella.

The show will be staged in a heated auditorium more than twice the size of the Civic Theatre where the show had been held by pantomime production company Pantoni for the last 15 years.

The show will run from December 12 to January 5.

A Doncaster Racecourse spokesman said: “The Doncaster panto is saved.

“We will have further information on the cast and ticket details soon as the show has just been finalised.”

Last week, David Lee of Pantoni said he was ‘pulling out all the stops’ to bring his pantomime to town.

The curtain is due to go up at Cast in September but no details about the line-up have yet been revealed.

A spokesman said: “We’re delighted that there are going to be a range of options for the people of Doncaster to enjoy their Christmas celebrations and we wish all companies luck with their own productions.

“For our part, we will be welcoming people to our spectacular and traditional Christmas show that will have plenty of festive cheer, more than a sprinkling of magic and laughs, song and dance.

“Announcements will be made in July.”