a PUPPY was brought back from the brink of death by firefighters who rescued it from the smoke-filled kitchen of a South Yorkshire home.
The 12-week-old pup had been left in its owner’s kitchen on Dale Hill Road, Maltby, Rotherham, when she went out.
When the woman returned home she found her kitchen on fire.
Clothing left in a basket on top of the hob had gone up in flames.
Firefighters rescued the puppy from the kitchen and feared it was dead, but the crew managed to revive it with oxygen outside.