Puppy dies in South Yorkshire blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A PUPPY died in a house fire after a kitchen went up in flames and smoke-logged the rest of the house.

The dog was found by firefighters who brought it outside but despite their efforts to revive the pet it died.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the blaze broke out in a house on Marston Crescent, New Lodge in Barnsley, at 2.50pm yesterday and food caught fire under the grill and flames spread.

The fire destroyed the kitchen and the rest of the house suffered smoke and heat damage.

Station Manager Simon Dillon, said: “The kitchen was completely destroyed and the rest of the ground floor suffered severe heat and smoke damage.

“This house was just minutes away from being completely involved in fire. I believe it started accidentally and was cooking related.”