TWO South Yorkshire pubs were evacuated on the same night when fires broke out in the flats above both premises.
Firefighters were called out to the Park Hotel, Badsley Moor Lane, Clifton, Rotherham, on Tuesday, at 9.30pm, after an unattended pan caught fire on the cooker, filling the living accommodation above with smoke.
About 25 people, including staff and customers, were evacuated while firefighters dealt with the incident.
Just 20 minutes later, firefighters evacuated about 30 people from the Acorn Inn, Burncross Road, Burncross, Sheffield, after a tumble drier and clothing inside caught fire in the flat above.
Firefighters prevented the flames spreading and causing any damage to the pubs downstairs and nobody was injured.