A Doncaster mum-to-be has told how doctors feared she would stop breathing after she had a severe allergic reaction to hair dye - which left her "looking like a monster".
Pregnant Samantha Espley coloured her hair black using the same Nice 'N Easy dye she claims to have used for years and was initially pleased with the results.
However, after a few hours her head started to itch and a few days later she woke up barely able to open her eyes.
She was rushed to hospital where doctors monitored her "in case her airways closed" and she was given strong anti-allergy drugs and steroids.
The care worker was forced to stay indoors for a week due to her "horror film" face and said she has been put off home hair dye for life.
Samantha from Bircotes said: "It was scary. My left eye was the first to swell up. I looked like something out of a horror film - like a monster.
"After about 20 minutes it went to the other side and to my nose. It got worse and worse. I didn't know what to think.
"I was worried it would stay like that."
The 29-year-old bought the dye from Asda and put it on her hair on Saturday before heading out for dinner.
Her scalp started to swell in the early hours of Sunday morning so she phoned 111 and took some Piriton tablets but soon the swelling moved to her face.
She headed to Bassetlaw Hospital where medics applied cold compressions, administered antibiotics and steroids on Monday when she woke up barely able to see.
"They had to keep an eye on me in case it spread and my airways closed," she said.
"I had to take antibiotics every four hours and have five steroids in the morning and five at night.
"I stayed indoors for a week. I didn't even go to the shops.
"I won't be dying my own hair for a while. I think I'll go to the hairdressers from now on."
P&G has been contacted for comment.