DCSIMG

Poorly pup makes miracle recovery

Miggles with his owner Emma Robinson (left) and Abbey vet nurse Gemma Bradley.

Miggles with his owner Emma Robinson (left) and Abbey vet nurse Gemma Bradley.

MEET Miggles – a mischievous mutt who gave his worried owners a real migraine.

The curious puppy swallowed a whole box of painkillers – amounting to 80 times the toxic dose.

It would have been enough to kill most dogs, never mind one as small as Miggles.

The Jack Russell-chihuahua cross weighs just 1.2 kilos – little more than a bag of sugar.

Owner Emma Robinson of High Green, Sheffield, noticed there was something wrong when she saw Miggles staggering about in the kitchen, with the remnants of a 16-tablet box of Neurofen on the floor.

He slipped into a coma but Emma rushed him to Abbey Vets in Barnsley.

Vet Lisa Flood said: “For a dog so small and an overdose so large his chances of survival were slim. This dog was a real fighter and has made a remarkable recovery.”

A relieved Emma said: “It was touch and go but he’s as mischievous as ever. We are making sure we are keeping tablets well away from him.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news