Person rescued from flat in Sheffield

editorial image
1
Have your say

There were dramatic scenes in Sheffield this morning when a person was rescued from a flat amid fears of leaking gas being ignited.

It happened just after 5am when fire crews were called to a property on Wordsworth Drive in the north of the city.

A reported bin fire damaged the gas supply to the property, causing an explosion which blew out a window.

A crew from Elm Lane Fire Station rescued a person from the first floor, and brought the outside fire under control.

Surrounding properties were evacuated while crews worked.

A structural engineer and fire investigation officer were at the scene this morning, assessing damage.

Back to the top of the page