Page Hall rubbish fire put out over ‘toxic smoke’ fears

Popple Street, Page Hall. Pic: Google Maps
Popple Street, Page Hall. Pic: Google Maps
0
Have your say

Firefighters had to extinguish a rubbish fire in Page Hall over fears about the ‘toxic smoke’ it was generating.

Complaints were made to South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service about the fire at the back of a house on Popple Street in Page Hall, Sheffield, at around 7.20pm on Friday evening.

Firefighters from Elm Lane station were sent to the property to put out the fire.

A spokesman for the fire service said: “It was rubbish at the back of the property. It was some old cabinets and wood they were burning.

“People had complained it was letting off too much black smoke and too much toxic smoke.”