Owner left ‘gutted’ after blaze rips through film famous kebab shop in Sheffield

Fire damage at Kebabish, Wicker
Fire damage at Kebabish, Wicker
2
Have your say

The owner of a Sheffield kebab shop has told The Star that he has been left ‘gutted’ after a fire ripped through his store causing ‘tens of thousands of pounds’ worth of damage.

Fire crews were called to Kebabish on the Wicker at 10.25am this morning after the extractor fan caught on fire.

Wahid Nazir said that two staff members turned the grills on and went into the back to prepare for 20 minutes and when they came out, a fire had hold of the entire shop.

He said: “The fire caused extensive damage to pretty much everything in there.

“I’ve lost equipment totalling tens of thousands of pounds.

“I’ve been here day and night for the past five years - I’m gutted.”

Wahid added that the store will need to close for several months for a full refurbishment.

Kababish was used in the 2010 film comedy Four Lions.