NEWS IN BRIEF: Man rescued after sleeping in blaze

0
Have your say

A MAN was dragged from his smoke-filled home by firefighters after he fell asleep while food was cooking under his grill.

Neighbours smelled smoke in his home on Longley Hall Way, Longley, Sheffield, and raised the alarm. When crews arrived they found him asleep on his sofa while the food burned, They led him to safety and he was taken to hospital for a precautionary check.

Vehicles destroyed

A FORD Ranger was destroyed in an arson attack on Farnsworth Road, East Herringthorpe, Rotherham, at 12.30am yesterday, and a car was destroyed after it was set alight in the car park outside the disused Mecca Bingo Hall, Wordsworth Avenue, Southey Green, Sheffield, at 11pm on Monday.

Toy shed on fire

A SHED containing children’s toys went up in flames because of stray embers from a brazier in a neighbour’s garden. Firefighters were called to Priory Road, Lundwood, Barnsley, at 11pm on Wednesday.