News In Brief: Log burner blaze damages Sheffield house

0
Have your say

A HOUSE in Sheffield was badly damaged by a fire thought to have been caused by a log burning stove which had been left unattended.

Fire fighters from Elm Lane and Rivelin were called to a semi detached house in Lyminster Road, Birley Carr, by a passer by at around 8pm on Thursday.

Firefighters managed to stop the fire spreading from the kitchen and conservatory. Nobody was hurt.

Arsonists hit cars

Two cars and an outbuilding were set on fire in an arson attack.

The fire, which destroyed the Citroen C3 and Renault Clio vehicles, happened between midnight and 9.30am on Saturday, March 2, in Mill Lane, Unstone, Derbyshire.

Witness should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Rescue after crash

TWO people were cut from their vehicles and taken to hospital following crash on Fitzwilliam Street, Wath, at 12.55pm on Thursday.

Back to the top of the page