News In Brief: Indian restaurant sign catches fire

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to the Zeenat Restaurant on Attercliffe Road, Sheffield, after a neon sign developed a fault and caught fire.

The crew isolated the electrics and prevented the flames spreading inside the building.

The fire was discovered at 8.15pm on Wednesday.

Couple left cut off

A MAN and woman in their 20s were rescued by firefighters after they ended up trapped by a brook off Ecclesall Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.

The couple were found near the Porter Brook public house, behind a wall which they were unable to climb over because of its height.Firefighters put a ladder over the wall for them to climb.

Car theft at home

POLICE are investigating the theft of a car taken from Alexandra Road, Lowfield, Sheffield, after the house it was parked outside was broken into for the keys. The offence was committed overnight on Wednesday last week.

Back to the top of the page