News In Brief: Ey up duck, looks like you’re stuck!

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a rescue with a difference - freeing a duck from a Peak District pond.

Crews were called to Ashbourne Park after passers-by noticed the duck was trapped by ice. They used air floatation equipment to free it at 5.20pm on Sunday. The duck got away safe and well.

Smoke fumes alert

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation following a bin fire at a block of flats in Sheffield. The blaze was discovered in a bin area of the flats in Emerson Crescent, Parson Cross. Firefighters from Elm Lane were at the scene within minutes and had to ventilate the area due to smoke. A fire service spokesman said the fire started accidentally.

Greenhouse arson

POLICE are investigating after a fire was started deliberately in a greenhouse at a South Yorkshire school. The fire at Aston Academy, Aughton Road, Swallownest, was discovered at 10.30pm on Friday. Firefighters from Aston Park station were at the scene for around 15 minutes.