News In Brief: Duo flee kitchen bungalow blaze

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.

0
Have your say

A PENSIONER and a teenage girl fled a fire which broke out in the kitchen of their bungalow on Bierlow Close, Brampton, when food cooking in a microwave overheated.

A woman in her 70s and a young teenage girl were forced to leave the property briefly because of smoke, but didn’t suffer any injuries. Two fire crews from Dearne station were called at 10pm on Thursday.

Steaming hot

A STEAM iron sparked a blaze at an industrial laundrette on Doncaster Road, Attercliffe, Sheffield. A crew from Darnall station was called at 10.40pm on Thursday but the flames were out when they arrived. In Staincross, Barnsley, firefighters put out a chimney blaze on Longsight Road at 10.45pm on Thursday which sent smoke and embers shooting from the chimney.

Roof plunge death

A YOUNG man has died after plunging from the roof of a Sheffield city centre car park. The man, in his early 20s, suffered fatal injuries after plummeting from the top of the NCP multi-storey car park, on Arundel Gate, at just after 5pm on Thursday. The death is not being treated as suspicious.

Robin destroyed

AN OLD three-wheeler Reliant Robin car was destroyed by flames caused by an electrical fault on Cherry Tree Street, Hoyland, Barnsley, at 4.15am yesterday.

Back to the top of the page