NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

Little girl escapes blaze in bedroom

A FIVE-year-old girl was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her bedroom.

An investigation revealed an electrical fault with a DVD player was to blame for the fire in the house on Kiln Road, Kimberworth Park, which broke out at 10.40pm on Saturday.

In Dinnington, Rotherham, a man in his 50s was taken to hospital with minor burns after trying to tackle a chip pan fire in his home.

The fire on Shakespeare Drive broke out at 2pm on Sunday.

Man led to safety

NEIGHBOURS dialled 999 after hearing a smoke alarm sounding in a house on Pagenall Drive, Swallownest, Rotherham.

When fire crews arrived at 10.30pm on Monday they found a pan burning on the hob in the kitchen.

The occupant of the house was asleep in his lounge and unaware of the emergency unfolding. Firefighters led the man to safety.

Candles start fire

A FIRE which broke out in a flat on Beighton Road, Woodhouse, Sheffield, in the early hours of Monday was caused by tea lights candles which had been left on top of a television set.

A man in his 30s was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 4am on Monday.

Arson attack at flat

POLICE are investigating an arson attack at a flat on Fire Way, Wincobank, Sheffield.

There was nobody in the property when the fire broke out at 6.55pm on Saturday evening.

Wheelie bin blaze

FLAMES from a wheelie bin set alight on Ravenscroft Court, Richmond, Sheffield, spread to the exterior of a nearby house at 9pm on Sunday.

Street bin ablaze

FIREFIGHTERS were called to Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, at 10am yesterday after a street bin caught alight accidentally.

Allotment on fire

ALLOTMENT buildings were set on fire in an arson attack on Wakefield Road, Barnsley at 8.20pm on Friday.