NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

Man breathed in smoke from fire

A PIZZA box left near a hob in a flat in the Gateway Plaza, Fitzwilliam Street, Barnsley, caught fire in the early hours of yesterday. A man in is 30s suffered slightly from breathing in smoke.

In Shafton, Barnsley, a fire in a bedroom on The Green View was caused by smoking. Firefighters were called at 8.15pm on Saturday, and said nobody was injured.

Fundraising total

THREE good causes have benefited to the tune of £6,000 after a fundraising dinner was held by Barnsley Rockley Rotary Club at the Holiday Inn, Dodworth. Bluebell Wood Hospice, Woodhead Mountain Rescue and Barnsley District Disability Games are all receiving a share of the money.

Arsonists strike

A RENAULT Megane on Spring Close, Mount, Gleadless Valley, Sheffield, was set alight deliberately at 11.15pm on Saturday. A wheelie bin was found alight on Warris Close, Kimberworth Park, Rotherham, on Sunday night. The arson attack was dealt with by firefighters.