NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

Bathroom candles spark curtain fire

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after unattended tea lights set fire to a shower curtain in Sheffield.

Residents in a house in Handsworth Grange Road, Handsworth, were using candles because of a faulty lightbulb in the bathroom, but they set fire to the shower curtain after being left on the side of the bath when the residents went to bed.

The alarm was raised afterone of the householders woke to the smell of burning yesterday, just after 1am.

South Yorkshire Fire Service have warned about the importance of smoke alarms, which were not working in the property.

Blaze at bed store

A BED shop caught fire in Sheffield city centre.

A fire was reported at We Love Sleep, Charter Row, on Saturday, at 5.35am.

Firefighters had to kick through a glass panel to enter the building and reach one of the beds, which was alight.

The cause of the blaze, which is believed to have started accidentally, is being investigated. Nobody was hurt.