Five flee fire in flat as cooking ignites
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire at 2.10am yesterday on Lorna Road, Mexborough, after cooking was left unattended on a hob.
The five occupants of the house escaped the blazing property before crews from Dearne and Edlington stations arrived to tackle the fire.
Another fire broke out in a cavity wall at a property in Laurelgarth, Chesterfield, on Tuesday night. Firefighters from Chesterfield and Staveley stations used breathing apparatus to put out the flames at 6.26pm.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to Wingfield Road in Rotherham twice in the early hours.
A heater caught fire in a flat at 2am on Tuesday and, just over an hour later, five wheelie bins were set alight damaging guttering on nearby homes and smoke-logging a mini market store room.
Car found ablaze
A PEUGEOT 306 found burning on Long Lane, Treeton, had been deliberately set alight at 11.50pm on Monday.