NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

Too-hot clothing set machine on fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a tumble dryer after clothes inside were left in too long and overheated.

The fire broke out in a shed on Turner Close, Jump, Barnsley at 6.45pm last Wednesday.

Vehicles burned

A VAUXHALL Astra was dumped in the middle of Pritchard Close, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield, and set alight at 3am on Friday.

A pick-up truck was damaged after being set alight on Radcliffe Road, Athersley North, Barnsley, at 1.45am on Wednesday.

Power tool taken

A POWER saw was stolen from a van on Olive Grove Road, near Heeley, Sheffield. Police are investigating the theft on Tuesday morning last week.