Smoking lightbulb interrupts party
A NEW Year’s Eve house party in Sheffield was disrupted when firefighters were called after revellers noticed a smell of smoke.
Firefighters searched the property on Abbey Brook Gardens, Greenhill, and found a lampshade was burning, caused by a bulb with too high a wattage.
Suspect in woods
THE South Yorkshire Police helicopter was called to help officers from neighbouring Nottinghamshire Police locate a suspect hiding in woods in Edwinstowe, near Sherwood Forest, on New Year’s Eve. A specialist camera was used to track the suspect down.
A CAR travelling along the M1 in South Yorkshire caught fire after the engine overheated at 1.30am yesterday. Firefighters were called to extinguish the flames on the northbound stretch at junction 37 at Worsbrough.
Happy new year
FIREFIGHTERS from Aston fire station saw in 2013 dealing with a pile of rubbish set alight behind the Tesco superstore in Dinnington. They were called out at around midnight.
Car engine fault
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a car in flames on Norwood Avenue, Chesterfield, in the early hours of New Year’s Day. It had developed a fault in the engine.
Shed set on fire
A SHED found engulfed in flames on Northlands Road, Southey Green, Sheffield, had been set alight deliberately. Firefighters were called at midnight on Sunday.
Arrested for arson
A MAN was arrested at the scene of an arson attack on Crane Road, Kimberworth, Rotherham at 1am on New Year’s Day.
A BOILER was stolen from an empty home on Atlantic Road, Lowedges, Sheffield, between Friday and Saturday.
Blaze in garage
AN ACCIDENTAL fire broke out in a garage on Russell Close, Monk Bretton, at 2.30am yesterday.