NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

DIY dad starts an accidental blaze

A DAD was taken to hospital after he accidentally started a fire while carrying out DIY at home in Sheffield.

The man, in his 30s, was filling a hole in a wall with expandable foam at his house on Fulmere Road, Parson Cross, when the foam caught fire from a flame on his hob.

Fire crews from Elm Lane and Rivelin stations were called and ventilated the property, which was left filled with smoke. The man was taken to hospital with his four-year-old son as a precautionary measure at 7.30pm on Monday.

Rescue from lift

A FIRE crew was called to rescue four people stuck in a lift in a Job Centre. The lift got stuck between floors at the centre on Markham Road, Chesterfield. The group had already been freed by an engineer by the time firefighters arrived at 3pm on Monday.

Launderette fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a launderette on St Michael’s Road, Ecclesfield, when a pile of clothing caught fire due to an electrical fault in a dryer at 10pm on Monday.