News in Brief:

0
Have your say

AN ELDERLY man needed hospital treatment after inhaling smoke when a fire broke out in his kitchen.

AN ELDERLY man needed hospital treatment after inhaling smoke when a fire broke out in his kitchen.

The pensioner had gone to bed at his flat on Glossop Road, Oughtibridge, Sheffield, but didn’t switch his cooker off properly, causing the fire to start.

Firefighters Rivelin and Elm Lane stations were called out at around 2am yesterday.

The man was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital as a precaution.

A FIRE in a garage in Barnsley was sparked by a faulty battery charger.

The flames broke out at 7.10pm on Thursday at a house on Minster Way, Monk Bretton, and fire crews from Cudworth and Barnsley stations were called to the scene.

A car and a gas cylinder were in the garage at the time, but didn’t catch fire.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house on Wickersley Road, Broom, Rotherham, to put out a burning tumble drier.

The appliance caught fire in the kitchen, but the flames were out when the crew arrived.

FOOD was stolen from a cafe in Sheffield during an overnight burglary.

Meat and cheeses were taken from the Snap Deli on Ecclesall Road during the break-in, which happened between 7pm on Monday and 7am on Tuesday.

A BOILER was stolen from an empty house on Lowedges Crescent, Sheffield, in the early hours of Monday morning. A shed was also broken into at a property on Hemper Lane, Greenhill, between Monday and Wednesday.

Back to the top of the page