NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

OAP breathed in smoke from blaze

AN ELDERLY man needed hospital treatment after inhaling smoke when a fire broke out in his kitchen.

The pensioner had gone to bed at his flat in Westnall House on Glossop Row, Oughtibridge, Sheffield, but didn’t switch his cooker off properly.

Firefighters from Rivelin and Elm Lane stations were called at 2am yesterday. The man was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Crafty Christmas

SHIREGREEN residents can make Christmas presents, decorations, wreaths and stars at Woolley Woods today from 11am to 2pm.

Owls on the wards

SHEFFIELD Wednesday first team players, chairman Milan Mandaric, and manager Dave Jones will give gifts to young patients at Sheffield Children’s Hospital next Tuesday.

Company accolade

CONSTRUCTION company Vinci has received a top rating for its ‘exceptional’ work on Stocksbridge High School in Sheffield.

Back to the top of the page