NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

Student breathed in burning smoke

A UNIVERSITY student was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation after fire broke out in her bathroom at The Edge student village, Endcliffe, Sheffield.

Firefighters called out at 11.30pm on Monday said a towel had been set alight deliberately.

Fire spread to tree

Flames from a burning recycling bin spread to a tree off Oxclose Parkway, Halfway, Sheffield, on Monday night. Firefighters used water-filled backpacks to put out the blaze.

The same evening vandals set fire to a wheelie bin on Littleworth Lane, Lundwood, Barnsley, and a bin on Meadowhall Road, Kimberworth, Rotherham.

Crash on Parkway

A TWO-VEHICLE crash caused traffic tailbacks on the A61 Parkway in Sheffield last night.

Emergency crews were called to a minor injury collision at 5.50pm. One lane was closed to traffic while firefighters worked to remove the cars from the carriageway.