NEWS IN BRIEF:

0
Have your say

Children start fire in house toilet

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house on Spital Lane, Pitsmoor, Sheffield, after children playing with matches started a fire behind a toilet cistern.

The fire, reported at 5.45pm on Tuesday, was small and did not spread.

Works close road

GROVE street in Worsbrough Bridge, from Bank End Road to Clarkson Street, will be closed for 10 weeks from Monday, November 26.

The highway retaining wall will be reconstructed during the closure.

Food fire in kitchen

food left unattended in a kitchen caught fire and filled the room with smoke on Daresbury Drive, Arbourthorne, Sheffield. Firefighters ventilated the property at 6pm on Tuesday.

Shed burned down

CARELESSLY discarded smoking materials were to blame for a shed going up in flames on Cantilupe Crescent, Aston, Rotherham at 1am yesterday.