New drier starts fire in flat

0
Have your say

A YOUNG woman was given oxygen after an electrical fire at her flat in Edlington, Doncaster, on Thursday evening which was caused by her new tumble drier.

Edlington fire crews were called to the flat above Tom’s Fish Bar on Edlington Lane at around 11pm.

They found the kitchen was filled with smoke and a woman in her 20s was treated with oxygen but did not have to go to hospital.

She was the only occupant of the flat.

Investigations showed heat from the drier – which had been fitted that day – had melted water pipes behind the appliance and water had leaked onto the electrics, a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.