More arrests in shooting probe

0
Have your say

DETECTIVES investigating a city shooting have arrested five more men.

A 28-year-old man suffered serious injuries after being shot in Eastern Drive, Arbourthorne, on Sunday, July 24.

Temporary Detective Inspector Graham Bulmer said: “We currently believe this to be an isolated incident and we have officers from the local safer neighbourhood team carrying out regular patrols in the area.”

Police said in total seven men, aged between 20 and 41, had been arrested and all seven men have now being released on bail.

Five were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and two were arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.