Microwave oven on fire

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.

0
Have your say

FIRE crews were called to a property in Edlington, Doncaster, after a pensioner tried to dry some damp clothing in a microwave oven.

The clothing caught fire but by the time firefighters arrived at the property in Lake Close, just before midnight on Thursday, the flames were out and there was no further damage.

The crew then ventilated the premises and left after about 10 minutes.

The elderly woman did not suffer any injuries and did not need any medical attention, said a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Back to the top of the page