Man suffers burns in Sheffield blaze

News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.
News: Local, national and international news 24-hours a day.
0
Have your say

A GARDEN fire in Sheffield burned out of control after a resident poured petrol on it.

The man, from Darnall Drive, Darnall, suffered burns to his arms and hands after he poured petrol on the blaze.

Fire crews were called to the scene yesterday, at about 2.30pm.

A South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue spokesman said: “Petrol should never be poured on to bonfires.

“They should be sited well away from property, shrubs and trees.

“And always keep a bucket of water close by.”