Man rescued from house fire in Rotherham

South Yorkshire firefighters have tackled a number of house blazes
South Yorkshire firefighters have tackled a number of house blazes
0
Have your say

A man was rescued from a house fire in Rotherham after food caught fire in his kitchen.

Firefighters entered the smoke-filled property in Brinsworth Lane, Brinsworth and led one man outside to safety.

They gave him oxygen until paramedics arrived to take over.

The fire was reported at 9.15pm on Friday.

Last night firefighters dealt with a chip pan fire in a property in Mount Vernon Avenue, Worsbrough Common, Barnsley.

They also dealt with a cooker fire in Saxonlea Crescent, Manor, Sheffield, earlier in the day.

On Saturday afternoon firefighters tackled an outhouse fire in Morthern Hall Lane, Morthern, Rotherham.