Man in bed as kitchen burned

0
Have your say

A MAN was woken by firefighters after he fell asleep while a pan caught fire on the hob.

The man in his 50s was found sleeping in bed when a fire crew was called to his smoke-filled house on Carlton Road, Barnsley.

When firefighters arrived, they found an unattended pan slightly alight on the hob, and removed it from the heat before ventilating the kitchen.

They then searched the property before finding the man in bed and waking him up.

The man was unhurt and didn’t need any medical treatment.