Man hurt in boiler blast

0
Have your say

A MAN is in hospital with serious leg injuries after a boiler behind a fire in a house exploded while he was inside the property.

The 54-year-old was in the house on Poplar Close, Killamarsh, when the back boiler exploded at 8.30pm on Thursday.

He was rushed to the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield with serious leg injuries.

A 50-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man, also in the house at the time of the explosion, were taken to hospital too but they had suffered less serious injuries.

Firefighters who were called to the incident said it is thought the boiler had overheated.

Back to the top of the page