Man escapes from Sheffield flat fire

Flat fire at Dover Road, Sheffield
Flat fire at Dover Road, Sheffield
Have your say

A man escaped from his blazing Sheffield flat after fire broke out in a bedroom.

The blaze was started by a candle.

Fire crews were called to Dover Gardens in Upperthorpe at 5.20pm on Sunday.

A fire service spokesman said the flat was ‘severely damaged’ but the man had escaped unharmed, adding: “Candles can be extremely dangerous and we would advise people to make sure they are fully extinguished.”